Job Title: Project Co-ordinator
Main Purpose of Job: Work as part of the Radnor Oak team to develop and manage site operations and services. Work closely with customers, our workshop and our office team to ensure the smooth delivery and construction of Radnor Oak products via a network of sub-contractors.
Location: Radnor Oak’s head office situated at Broadaxe Business Park, Presteigne, Powys LD8 2UH.
Salary: £20k-£25k subject to experience & qualifications
- Develop and manage site operations and services.
- Discuss projects with clients via telephone and in person.
- Estimate clients via telephone, email and in person.
- Visit clients who require site operations to discuss their project.
- Assess site requirements and access for vehicles & machinery taking photographs where necessary.
- Effectively sell Radnor Oak’s products and services to clients.
- Define & record the scope of projects.
- Develop & manage a network of reliable sub-contractors.
- Obtain prices & quotations from sub-contractors.
- Obtain prices for outsourced materials or services and order them when required.
- Prepare accurate written quotations for clients.
- Prepare sales contracts and sub-contractor agreements.
- Manage the planning, tracking and delivery of projects.
- Project manage site operations and the necessary documentation.
- Ensure site operations are undertaken to building regulation standards where applicable (i.e. liaise with building control or building control contractors).
- Manage site operations Health & Safety requirements and policies.
- Review the quality of sub-contractors work.
- Maintain project files to ensure that all project information is appropriately documented, up-to-date and secured.
Workshop & Office
- Manage the workshop & office Health & Safety requirements and policies.
- Liaise with workshop staff to assess, order and manage stock, tools, machinery and other material requirements to ensure the workshop operations run seamlessly.
- Liaise with suppliers and arrange collection of rejects.
- Manage the maintenance of company offices, workshop, buildings and grounds.
- Assist workshop staff in the production process.
- Secure the services of sub-contract labour when necessary.
- Work closely with the workshop & office teams to ensure operations and schedules run smoothly.
- Work as part of the team to achieve personal and corporate objectives.
- Help develop new products and services.
- Attend team meetings and share best practice with colleagues.
- Demonstrate awareness of general business development needs.
- Carry out additional duties as and when required.
- Maintain effective communications with the workshop, office, sub-contractors, suppliers and customers.
- Report effectively on a regular basis to ensure everyone is aware of customer queries, interests, concerns and comments.
HEALTH & SAFETY
- Complying with Company standards in Health & Safety, Fire and Emergency, thus providing a safe environment for colleagues.
- Experience in construction project management.
- Experience in oak framed or timber framed construction.
- Construction industry knowledge or experience.
- Excellent standard of spelling, grammar and mathematics.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Smart appearance.
- Good computer skills (training is available).
- Be able to work under own initiative and be self-motivated.
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills.
- Be prepared to learn essential job related skills.
- Be available throughout the week, Monday – Friday.
- Be available to work additional hours occasionally.
- Own vehicle.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in the position please forward a covering letter and CV to: email@example.com
Alternatively, post to:
Radnor Oak Ltd.
Broadaxe Business Park