Radnor Oak Ltd™ is an environmentally responsible company and as such we acknowledge the potential impact that our oak framing work, the manufacturing of oak framed buildings and any associated constructional operations may have on the environment.
This policy has been endorsed by the directors who give their full support to its implementation. The directors are responsible for ensuring that it is communicated, understood, implemented and maintained at all levels within the company.
We are committed to the prevention of pollution and continual improvement of our environmental performance.
As a company, we are committed to ensuring that we: -
- Comply with relevant environmental legislation, using codes of practice and guidance produced by regulatory bodies to assist where appropriate.
- Provide all employees with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfill the requirements of this policy, commensurate with their role.
- Comply with relevant health & safety and quality procedures.
- Strive to integrate environmental best practice into our business operations.
- Prevent pollution to the environment by ensuring that we safely manage the very few chemicals that are kept on our site.
- Minimise waste to landfill by reducing our waste generation and by segregating and recycling waste where economically and operationally feasible.
- Co-ordinate business mileage when practicable so as to maximize fuel efficiency.
- Use energy, water, materials and other natural resources as efficiently as possible, giving particular regard to the long term sustainability of consumable items.
- Continue to source our timber from PEFC or FSC certified suppliers, and to promote Sustainable Forest Management (SFM).
- Ensure that the environment is considered in the procurement of goods and services.
- Give appropriate consideration to the environment in the products and services we provide to customers.
This policy will be communicated to all employees. Employees are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own work, so far as is reasonably practicable, is carried out without risk to themselves, others, or the environment.
This policy will be periodically reviewed by the directors and where deemed necessary will be amended and re-issued.
This policy statement is publicly available through our website or as may be reasonably requested by any interested party.